Always claim that our Govt does not listen to her people. However, when the Govt asks for feedback from Singaporeans, there will be people, similar to how WP rejected their chance to share their views about Elected Presidency changes to the Constitution Comm then b*tch about it later, complain that our Govt is not doing job, do things not being checked, etc.
The Ministry of Finance is seeking views and suggestions from all Singaporeans in preparation for Budget 2017. Individuals, households, and businesses are welcome to provide feedback on issues such as how we can best develop Singaporeans, support families, and help local companies grow through innovation and internationalisation.
2. MOF’s Budget 2017 website (www.singaporebudget.gov.sg) is now available for the public to access latest updates on Budget 2017, as well as general information on the Singapore national budget process.
Feedback on Budget 2017
3. The public can provide views through various channels. Starting from Monday, 5 December 2016, Singaporeans can visit the REACH Pre-Budget 2017 microsite (www.reach.gov.sg/budget2017) to submit their views online. The feedback exercise will close on Friday, 13 January 2017.
4. During the feedback period, REACH will be staging Pre-Budget 2017 Listening Points across Singapore. These Listening Points are easily accessible, open booths for Singaporeans to give their views for Budget 2017 in person. Details of the Listening Points are below:
Date & Time Venue
10 December 2016, Saturday (11.00am – 3.00pm) Junction 8, opposite Toast Box (#01-35/36, 9 Bishan Place)
11 December 2016, Sunday (9.00am – 2.30pm) Ang Mo Kio Central Stage
11 December 2016, Sunday (8.00am – 12.00pm) Blk 440 Pasir Ris Drive 4 Concourse Area
11 December 2016, Sunday (9.00am – 12.00pm) Marine Parade Central Promenade
18 December 2016, Sunday (11.00am – 2.00pm) Our Tampines Hub – Festive Plaza, next to Information Counter (25 Tampines Street 82)
22 December 2016, Thursday (5.00pm – 7.00pm) Chevron House (30 Raffles Place)
23 December 2016, Friday (11.00am – 2.00pm) Chevron House (30 Raffles Place)
8 January 2017, Sunday (7.30am – 11.00am) Hougang Hawker Centre (Blk 681, Hougang Ave 8)
8 January 2017, Sunday (7.30am – 11.00am) Bendemeer Market
5. REACH will be hosting a Pre-Budget 2017 Conversation on Wednesday evening, 7 December 2016, where members of the public will discuss their ideas for the coming Budget. The Conversation will be graced by Senior Minister of State for Finance & Law, Ms Indranee Rajah and REACH Supervisory Panel Vice-Chairman, Mr Vikram Nair.
6. In addition, a Pre-Budget Facebook Q&A session has been planned for Wednesday, 4 January 2017 from 8.00pm to 9.30pm, and members of the public are welcome to join the ‘live’ Q&A session on REACH’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore). The Q&A will be chaired by Mr Liang Eng Hwa, Chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) for Finance and Trade & Industry as well as REACH Supervisory Panel member, and Ms Foo Mee Har, a member of the GPC.
7. Singaporeans can also give their views and suggestions for the coming Budget 2017 via the following channels:
Feedback Channel Contact Details
Singapore Budget Website www.singaporebudget.gov.sg
REACH Discussion Forum www.reach.gov.sg/participate/discussion-forum
REACH Budget microsite www.reach.gov.sg/budget2017
REACH Singapore Facebook www.facebook.com/REACHSingapore
REACH Singapore Twitter @REACH_Singapore
Use the hashtag, #SGBudget2017
REACH Email Address [email protected]
REACH Toll-Free Hotline 1800-353-5555 (Mon to Fri, 8:30am – 5:45pm)
SMS 9-SPEAK-UP (9-77325-87)